International Center For Hospitality, Sport And Tourism
The International Center for Hospitality, Sport and Tourism (ICHST) was created in response to the continued growth of the hospitality, sport, and tourism industries. ICHST provides a focal point for coordinating research, providing educational and training programs, and functions as a think tank and informational resource for hospitality, sport, and tourism related issues at Troy University, within the State of Alabama, and at the national and international levels.
ICHST’s vision is to become the epicenter of excellence for innovative research and service to the hospitality, sport, and tourism industries, and to utilize the power of these industries for sustainable community development.
The mission of ICHST is to cultivate relationships with stakeholders in the hospitality, sport, and tourism industries in order to create an integrated research and learning environment for analyzing and resolving the challenges within these industries and promoting sustainable community development practices. The Center pursues this mission by: conducting innovative research that is pertinent and applicable to these industries at the local, national, and international levels; providing educational and training opportunities; and serving as a facilitator for member engagement.
Goals of the ICHST include:
- Serve as a resource for innovative research for all stakeholders in the hospitality, sport, and tourism industries
- Serve as a source for pertinent information for all stakeholders in the hospitality, sport, and tourism industries
- Serve as an conduit for students, faculty, and associates to conduct both applied and academic research in hospitality, sport, and tourism
- Generate external funding
- Provide cost-effective research
- Attract high quality students
- Attract high quality visiting scholars
- Educate domestic and international leaders and scholars about the hospitality, sport, and tourism industries
- Assist the public and private sector in developing tourism policies that promote sustainable community development
- Assist the public and private sector in formulating sport initiatives that will lead to improvement in communities
- Disseminate research at conferences, research seminars, website, newsletters, and social media sites
ICHST’s affiliated faculty have extensive knowledge and practical experience in the hospitality, sport, and tourism industries. Faculty members affiliated with ICHST are well-known for their expertise in a variety of research areas which include: economic impact, economic valuation, marketing, organizational behavior, human resource management, service quality, risk management, event planning and management, facility management, tourism development and planning, and many others.
If your organization has educational and/or research needs, please contact ICHST at (334) 670-3827 or email@example.com.