SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society
Troy University's SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society is one of just 400 active college chapters across the United States. It is the only national honor society that recognizes and honors the scholastic achievements of student veterans. The first chapter was formed in 2009 at Colorado State University. SALUTE chapters aim not only to foster the achievement of student veterans but to honor their achievements and service.
SALUTE is an acronym of the core values of the honor society: Service, Academics, Leadership, Unity, Tribute, Excellence.
The SALUTE Oath
"I promise to uphold the ideals and further the aims of SALUTE. By doing so, I'm showing my continued achievements and success as well as increasing my value to my college, my community, and promoting the same for future student veterans."
All undergraduate students selected for induction to SALUTE must meet the following criteria:
- Qualify as military/veteran student under locally-derived and maintained definitions. Applicant must submit a DD-214 Member 4 copy that displays the character of service (honorable discharge). Applicants currently serving on active duty or in the Guard or Reserves must submit a copy of orders for their current duty assignment.
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student, and have a minimum of 12 course credits.
- The undergraduate GPA tiers are broken down according to the following:
- Alpha Tier GPA: 3.75-4.00
- Bravo Tier GPA: 3.50-3.74
- Charlie Tier GPA: 3.25-3.49
- Delta Tier GPA: 3.00-3.24
All graduate students need to have completed nine credit hours, hold at least 3.5 GPA and will be classified as "SALUTE Gold Member."