We offer a broad range of financial incentives that allow our Cadets to succeed at Troy University. All contracted Cadets receive a tax free monthly stipend based on their academic and military science level:

Freshman: $300
Sophomores: $350
Juniors: $450
Seniors: $500
  1. We offer 2, 3 and 4 year scholarships for qualified applicants. We encourage high school seniors to apply for the Army ROTC National Scholarship at the start of their senior year. Please see our Resources page for more information. Newly enrolled Army ROTC cadets may also compete for campus based scholarships. These scholarships may be applied:
  2. to a cadet’s tuition and fees or,
  3. to a cadet’s room and board.
  4. These scholarships may be utilized with other forms of financial aid.
  5. Additionally, scholarship cadets receive $600 per semester for books and supplies in addition to their monthly stipend (based on cadet’s Military Science Level).
  6. We work closely with the Army Reserve component forces, United States Army Reserve (USAR) and Army National Guard (ANG), through a Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). The reserve component program will:             
  7. Pay up to $4,000 tuition assistance annually
  8. SMP cadets also may receive the G.I. G.I. Bill ®, SMP Kicker and other financial benefits according to their reserve component contract
  9. Contracted SMP cadets are not deployable!
  10. Guaranteed Reserves Forces Duty (GRFD) Scholarships: cadets who do not want to pursue active duty may compete for 2 or 3 year scholarships (may be applied to a cadet’s tuition and fees or room and board)

  11. Minute Man Scholarship: This scholarship offers 2, 3 and 4 year scholarships for qualified applicants but is a dedicated reserve scholarship in the United States Army Reserves or Army National Guard. This means the cadet will not be able to compete for active duty.
  12. Receive full tuition and fees (uncapped) or room and board (capped at $10,000 per year)
  13. Receive Cadet Monthly Stipend: $300 for freshman, $350 for sophomores, $450 for juniors and $500 for seniors
  14. Annual $1,200 book stipend ($600 per semester)
  15. Receive Monthly E5/Cadet Drill Pay thru Army ROTC Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP).
  16. Troy University donates fifteen (15) room scholarships each semester to contracted Army ROTC Cadets.
  1. This scholarship pays for a traditional dorm room and cadets can stay in non-traditional dorms but will be required to pay the difference in cost.
  2. This program does not include the meal plan.